Shade canopies for restaurants and bars are a good idea. As we covered in our last article, they’re good for branding, shade, and a form of signage. This article will explore some final points on these topics.
Using a Canopy Awning for Signage
How important is signage for a business? Depends on which customers you’re trying to reach. For your existing customers, they know where you are. It’s your new customers that you want to reach. How can signage help? Well for one, visibility.
As we covered in our last article, signage helps customers to find your business. After all, GPS systems and smartphones can only take your customer so far. Do you know what’s the most important part of finding a business? What’s known as the 100 feet rule. Without a sign, your customers will be frustrated, and in a worse case scenario, they could even give up. However, with a sign that is clearly worded and easy to spot, they will come to your business in droves. Don’t believe us? How about these facts from the US Goverment’s Small Business Administration:
- Signs are the most effective, yet least expensive, form of advertising for the small business.
- A sign is your introduction and handshake with those passing by, identifying your business to existing and potential customers.
- Signs are always on the job for you, advertising 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- People often judge a business by how it looks on the sign.
- Many merchants increase their business measurably just by adding a good sign. Conversely, many have gone out of business because they simply were not identified well, so not enough potential customers knew of their existence. As one sign industry professional put it, “”A business without a sign is a sign of no business.”[READ SOURCE]
And what’s more they shade your customers, which is important in a sunny state like Arizona. Skin cancer is common here, as are cases of heat-related illnesses. Finally, the last benefit installing a shade canopy provides is business branding.
Business Branding and Shade Structures
Business branding is a final benefit offered by canopy awnings. Think of the possibilities a shade canopy can offer. You can put your business logo on your canopy as well as your business name. This will not only make you easy to find, it will make you stand out from your competitors.
So remember, as a business, you want ways to succeed. One way is subtle. Install canopy awnings and watch the customers come to you in droves.